Are you concerned about your missing teeth? Missing teeth can lead to several problems, including an inability to eat certain foods, difficulty speaking, and an increased risk for gum disease. If you’re considering dental implants, you may wonder if they’re the right choice. Full-mouth dental implants are a permanent solution to missing or damaged teeth. They look and feel very natural, help preserve jawbone health, and restore tooth function.
What Are Full-Mouth Dental Implants?
Full-mouth dental implants are a type of dental implant that we use to replace all of the teeth in the upper or lower jaw or both. A dental implant is a small titanium post that we place in the jawbone to act as a root for a replacement tooth. Once the dental implant has bonded with the jawbone, we place the prosthetic tooth on top of it.
Who Are Full-Mouth Dental Implants For?
We use full-mouth dental implants for anyone who is missing one or more teeth. They are especially beneficial for people who have lost all their teeth or have damaged teeth that we cannot repair.
What Are the Benefits of Full-Mouth Dental Implants?
There are many benefits of full-mouth dental implants, including:
- Improved Appearance: Dental implants look and feel very natural. They are also designed to match the color of your existing teeth.
- Improved Speech: Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry that your teeth will slip or move. Unlike some types of dentures, they are permanently affixed to your implants. This fixture type is solid, durable, and reliable.
- Improved Oral Health: Because dental implants do not require the reduction of adjacent teeth, more of your natural teeth are left intact, overall improving your oral health. Additionally, dental implants help to preserve the jawbone and prevent bone loss.
- Improved Function: Dental implants are designed to function like natural teeth. You can eat all your favorite foods without worrying that your teeth will slip or move. Additionally, dental implants can help to improve your speech.
- Improved Quality of Life: Dental implants can improve your quality of life in many ways. Dental implants allow you to eat the foods you love, speak confidently, and smile with pride.
How Are They Installed?
We usually install full-mouth dental implants in two stages. First, the Alpine Dentistry team will ensure you are relaxed and that we answer any of your questions. Once you are ready, we will administer anesthesia to ensure you are as comfortable as possible during the treatment.
We will carefully place the titanium posts in the jawbone using specialized dental instruments and techniques. You will need several months for your mouth to heal and for the titanium posts to fuse with the jawbone. We can provide temporary prosthetics to wear until your treatment is complete.
Once the posts have bonded with the jawbone, you’ll return to our office to have the prosthetic teeth placed on top. We will ensure that you like how your new teeth look and feel and may have you back to the office for a follow-up appointment to ensure the implants are functioning as expected.
What is the Recovery Process Like?
After we place the dental implants, you will need to take it easy for a few days while your mouth heals. We will give you specific instructions on how to care for your implants and what foods to eat. You must follow these instructions carefully to ensure proper healing.
Most people report minimal discomfort after dental implant surgery but note that they feel back to their old selves within a week or two. We can prescribe medication to help you manage any discomfort.
How Long Do They Last?
Full-mouth dental implants are designed to last a lifetime with proper care. With regular brushing, flossing, and visits to the dentist, your implants can last for many years.
Quality Implants at Alpine Dentistry
With our full-mouth dental implants, you will never have to worry about smiling in public again. With our full-mouth dental implants, you can have natural-looking teeth that will last a lifetime. With our full-mouth dental implants, you can restore your beautiful smile.